Tom Blubaugh was raised in a small town in southeast Kansas. He began writing poetry at age fourteen, but has written nonfiction most of his adult life. He self-published his first book, Behind the Scenes of the Bus Ministry, in 1974, and wrote articles for denominational and business magazines from 1975 through 1995. He co-wrote The Great Adventure for Barbour Publishing Co. in 2009. Bound by Faith Publishers published his first novel, Night of the Cossack, in April, 2011 at age of 69. Tom has been a public speaker for over forty years, and is currently a Literary Strategist working one-on-one with authors and writers in all aspects of the publishing arena, social media, brand building, and book marketing. Tom has been a self-employed entrepreneur since 1973, and is married to Barbara; they have six children and fourteen grandchildren.
Perhaps you’ve written a book, your first or even your tenth, and you’re not sure how to strategize with all the changes that are happening at breakneck speed across the ever-evolving literary marketplace.
It is likely that you have a multitude of questions that have obscured your path – stalling your writing and/or distribution plan.
- Should I self-publish?
- Who is my real target market?
- How do I effectively develop my unique brand?
- What strategy should I use in order to maximize social media engagements?
- Is it possible to generate sales without a realistic advertising budget?
- What is the most cost-effective marketing strategy I can use to promote my book?
- How long is the average product life cycle of any book?
- How do I build and nurture reader/customer relationships online?
- How do I develop a support team to help me accomplish my goal?
- Do I have to be a marketing professional as well as a writer?
Tom Blubaugh has faced each of these questions and many more. Through strategic relationships with experts, patience, perseverance, and action, Tom has discovered and now applies and shares these all-essential literary skills and competencies.
Each valuable client brings on a vast array of challenges. Our #1 Job is to:
- Solve problems-No matter the size of a problem, it can, at the very least slow down your progress and at the very worst derail your plan. Mistaking the source of a problem can create even more problems. At TomBlubaugh.net, we are professional problems solvers. We will identify the problem, find the source and develop a solution strategy.
- Satisfy needs—At TomBlubaugh.net, we listen before we talk. We take the time to hear you. We don’t do anything until we identify and understand your needs. Only then do we develop the strategy to satisfy your needs and follow it through to completion.
- Meet goals—At TomBlubaugh.net, we identify your vision. We look through your eyes. We don’t make a move until we see what you see. Then we draw the map that will take you there.